Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oh what a tangled Weebly...

I had originally planned a literacy project using Romeo & Juliet and a website for the class (which exists only in my mind - the class, not the website).  I was playing around on Weebly with a free account and realized I would want access to an actual forum style chat room, not just access to a blog & comments, though they could work as effectively once I got used to it.

In Fair Verona is my first attempt at a class site for a theoretical lesson.  I had thought about splitting the class into "cousins" of the Montagues & Capulets and discussing amongst other family members how the current events in the play made them feel, towards their own family, and towards their "enemies."  At the end of the play, I would have both sides share with the other what they discussed as a family and have them see how their views changed throughout the story.

It's very basic since I abandoned the idea - for now, but I can come back to it at another time when the thought is more fleshed out (or when I have a class to inspire me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment