Thursday, April 25, 2013

Extra extra...Xtranormal!

I was interested in the Xtranormal site after watching a few classmates attempts.  I like all of the options it has, but there's a budget you start with, and it is eaten up pretty quickly.  also, the voice-overs are decent...probably even better than decent, but they can have some very rough spots.  I didn't have a script in mind, so I threw together a rough draft regarding rough drafts.



Overall, I'm very impressed with everything I've discovered this semester.  There are so many tools I would have either never have known about, or been too hesitant to use in my first year of teaching.  I'm so thankful for all of the blogs of my adventurous classmates, and the advice of our professor.  I had blogged previously, but never with any steadiness, and usually just to vent to close friends.  This had a different purpose and different audience, and I found myself eager to rise to the occasion.  I think students that are given valuable reasons to blog, and to use these tools will not only also rise to the occasion, but be amazed at how literate they become, even with technology they take for granted, and ideally that will flow into text reading as well.

3 comments:

  1. Erika -

    I completely agree with your thoughts on blogging for a purpose. I love my personal blog but I definitely find it easier to keep up with this one, in large part because I always have such a clear idea of what needs to be posted. Also, I know that my classmates may be clicking over to see if I have anything new posted, and that's great motivation too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just had to say a big THANK YOU for removing comment verification!! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika,

    Love your little xtranormal bit (assuming that is Einstein, yes?) and may try one myself for final thoughts. Regarding your comments about the class, I concur thoroughly, and find that having a dedicated audience (the class, if no one else) makes me a more dedicated blogger!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete